We all know first-hand how challenging it can be to stay healthy at work –sometimes it feels like you just can’t get ahead no matter how hard you try. Between the brownies at the lunch carry-in or the constant sitting all day, you may feel like you are hindering your health goals rather than improving them when you’re at work 5+ days a week.
Did You Know?
Your health plays an important role for both you and your employer. Living a healthy lifestyle can help both businesses and employees to reap many benefits (during and outside of work hours).
- Employees who eat healthy are 25% more likely to have increased productivity
- Employees who exercise at least 3x a week, for 30 minutes or more each of those days, have a 15% higher performance rate than those who do not
- Overweight employees cost companies $73.1 billion a year and file twice as many compensation complaints
- Healthy employees have reduced healthcare costs
- Studies show that a person’s health is one of the strongest predictors of their happiness (the healthier you are = the happier you are!)
Forming healthy habits can make the workplace more fun, and give you and your employees something to connect about. Here are a few easy-to-imple