2021 has come and gone – another year in the books, which means a few things: new technology and features, exciting and everchanging trends, and even more opportunities to reach your target audience through digital marketing. Let’s take a look at how we see social media shaping up in 2022, along with a few strategies marketers should develop for an elevated customer experience in the new year.
Top 5 Social Media Trends for 2022
- A Future of Effective Features. In 2021, Facebook performed some fancy footwork to make some of its “easier-to-use” products even more effective. (Let’s hope the trend keeps up!) The new year is bringing even shorter attention spans – so we need to think short and to the point. Viewers and customers want videos that are easy to consume, highly informative, and as entertaining as possible. While some people may mock the rise of features like reels and platforms such as TikTok, make no mistake, short-form, educational, entertaining video is here to stay, and it’s weaving it’s way into all social platforms – Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube and even LinkedIn.
- Go Back to the Basics. Let’s go back to the basics. In 2022, many companies still won’t embrace video, even though they know they should. Most companies (especially B2B) won’t discuss the cost and pricing considerations of their products or services on their website, even though they should. Our point to this? The basics matter the most and attending to the basics provides an opportunity for marketers to easily improve their results and provide a better customer experience online.
- Customer Connection Is Vital. Because a complex cocktail of new consumer behaviors will dramatically impact how we use the web and social media, we will all be challenged to “guess right” coming out of the pandemic. Now is the time to reconnect with customers, question all assumptions we had about what works versus doesn’t work, and be humble in the face of changes we are just beginning to understand. Everyone is in the same boat; think strategically and outside of the box! Relationships matter now more than ever.
- The Golden Ticket to Boost Engagement. Short-form video was hot, hot, hot this year and is most definitely not going anywhere. No matter what type of video you’re creating, video is bound to be your golden ticket to customer engagement. Short form videos, such as Instagram stories and reels, are the perfect way to engage curiosity and answer frequently asked questions. And don’t forget – utilizing your ad spend on social media to target these videos can also increase engagement. Paid advertising – it’s here to stay.
- Be Genuine and Unique. Currently, marketing is focused on providing quality information in a professional presentation. However, doesn’t it seem like everyone is doing just that already? How do you stand out? Be different and focus on building emotional connections with your viewers. How do you do this? Tell your story from the heart and show vulnerability. This will allow your followers to build trust and credibility, and the human connection will bring people back for your content consistently.
Let’s take these tools and trends, and build a solid strategy for your social media + digital marketing. Click here to read more about the trending topics for the upcoming year!