This past weekend, Brand It Marketing Communications was asked to take part in an Ask the Experts panel for the 2015 Van Wert Area Entrepreneurship Fair. The panel was comprised of representatives from the Law, Accounting, Real Estate, Municipal, Financial and Marketing from the Van Wert area. As the Marketing representative, I was asked a specific question that really got me thinking… what ARE my favorite apps/programs/resources? And better yet, what do my co-workers use? Curious by nature, I set out to find what the staff of Brand It uses on the regular.
Our Top 5 Must Have Apps
Soundcloud or any podcast app
Favorite Web sites
- Social Media Examiner
- Fox News
- Lost Type
- Weather Channel
- Hello Giggles
- Pioneer Woman
- Proverbs 31 Ministries
- Ted Talks
- WBCL Mid Morning show
Photo and Video Apps
- Drop Box / Google
- Camera (Twyla is a purist – and let’s her eye for photography take over. Marie needs an app for that)
- Rhonna Designs
- Pic Collage
- Linked In
- Snap Chat
- Voxer – A walkie-talkie style app that allows groups to share in conversation with voice, text, video and photos
- Live Stream
- Bible App (YouVersion)
- Our Daily Bread
Family and Finance
- Apps from your financial institution
- Progress Book
- Meal Balance
- Walmart Savings Catcher
- Amazon Prime
- Alarm – the regular run of the mill alarm app. Helpful tip: put that phone across the room so you force yourself out of bed to turn it off.
- Alarmed – great app to use if you need reminded of tasks
- The Skimm – daily email with headlines you need to know
- Flipboard – Your Personal Magazine. With the world’s best sources organized into thousands of topics, it’s a single place to follow the stories and people that you want to know.
- Adobe Cloud Creative Suite – Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, AfterEffects, etc. We could go on and on.’
- Calendar – The ability to share calendars and schedules and reminders
- Pandora – Music is GREAT for focus.
- Google Hangout / Other video sharing sites
Health and Wellness
- Map My Run – Track your running route, pace, etc.
- My Fitness Pal – Log your meals, set weight loss goals, connect with friends.
- FitBit – Track your steps, heart rate and more.
- Mango Health
- Twilight – an app that is a blue light filter for healthy circadian rhythm. You know, those studies that have always told you to not use electronics xxx hours before bed, but you do anyway? Yes, there’s an app for that.
- Colofy – Coloring book app