We are seeking an experienced web developer to work full time.
This role will be responsible for web design and application development for mobile and desktop use. Experience in website security and IT support is a plus.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
THE ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING:
- Server set-up and configuration for website hosting
- Creating and/or interpreting website mock-ups and translating them into branded and well-functioning websites for our clients.
- Working with project team members on developing site structure, determining technology assets to incorporate and establish a clear traffic flow for each website
- Staying current in design and programming trends
- Comprehensive understanding of search engine optimization principles
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues.
- Up-to-date experience with web protocols, standards, and technologies, including SSL
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
QUALIFIED CANDIDATES MUST HAVE THE FOLLOWING:
- Degree in Computer Science or related field is preferred
- 2+ years in professional web development and mobile application development, preferably with a marketing or creative agency
- Proficient in graphic design software including Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, and other visual design tools.
- Detailed programming experience in WordPress and other content management systems
- E-commerce experience (Shopify, WooCommerce, Lightspeed, Magento, etc)
- Proficient skills in proofreading
DESIRED SKILLS AND TRAITS INCLUDE:
- Creative and open to new ideas
- Detail and deadline oriented
- Strong organization and project management skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize projects, manage time independently
- Capable to work independently, but also in a team environment; meet and collaborate with a variety of team members.
- Great communicator with a positive can-do, will-do attitude
- Adaptable and willing to learn new techniques.
Job Type: Full-time