We merely blinked and 2016 is almost behind us already.
Believe it or not, 2017 is right around the corner. While 2016 has brought us all a whirlwind of events – the Olympics, the presidential election – it has also been another year of change for businesses far and wide. This is not only a time to pause and reflect on your accomplishments from this past year, but also a time to plan ahead.
As your trusted marketing partner, we have decided to brush off the dust on our 2015 end-of-year checklist from last year and provide you with a new & improved list of items to help make your transition into the New Year a little easier.
End of the Year Checklist
- Change passwords for your email, social media and/or bank accounts. Always keep your passwords updated and your accounts secured.
- Clear out your voice mail / email.
- Check inventory of office supplies, stationery, etc. Stock up on printer paper, ink, sticky notes, pens, staples, and the like. A fully stocked cupboard of inventory will help you feel prepared to tackle the New Year.
- File and catch up on administrative tasks.
- Update your resume/Linked In profile. Make sure you have any new acquired skills and organizations listed.
- Go through your address book and back-up your contacts.
- Conduct performance reviews and analyze wage increases and promotions. Let your employees know you appreciate them, and also ensure honest feedback to help them and your company continue to grow and excel.
- Send holiday greetings of appreciation to your customer base. Everyone appreciates a heartfelt “Thank You!”
- Check your website for mobile compatibility and current web standards.
- Start a blog. Whether it’s starting slow at 1 blog per month, or diving in headstrong with 4-8 per month, it’s important to start branding yourself as a helpful resource to your current and potential customers.
- Assess your social media and marketing strategies.
We know this list may seem a little overwhelming, but it doesn’t have to be. Brand It Marketing Communications is here to help you in preparing for the upcoming year in any way possible. Please contact us today to learn how we can set you up for success in 2017.